Thread: T mobile

Provider
    Phone
    Nokia E75

Default T mobile

I am currently with at&t, but my contract expires this month, so I'm considering other options, such as Verizon and T-mobile. I will be going to school in Canada soon, so I will be going there for months at a time, and I want to know the cheapest way to call my Canadian friends and my US family while I'm there.

At&t has nation+Canada plans, pay-as-you-go plans, discounted international plans, etc. So do the other carriers, I'm sure. Would the easiest way to go be to get an unlocked quad-band GSM phone (with no contract) and purchase two prepaid sim cards: one from the US and one from Canada? Would that be cheapest? Or would it be worth it to just fork over the $60/month for at&t's nation+Canada?

Last question: I want to get an iPod touch. Can I get Skype and call my family in the US that way (via wi-fi, of course)?

Please, any help at all is greatly appreciated!

Default hi robin,

you need a unlocked quad band phone with no contract , and for that you may search that type of phone in myworldphone. with those phone you can use any gsm sim card any where in the world. so that you can use the t-mobile sim card.

and more of that you can also check their world travel prepaid sim card to use in the canada, it's call rate is very cheap.and you don't need two sim card because this sim card can use both in usa and canada , please check that . thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by robin2011 View Post
    I am currently with at&t, but my contract expires this month, so I'm considering other options, such as Verizon and T-mobile. I will be going to school in Canada soon, so I will be going there for months at a time, and I want to know the cheapest way to call my Canadian friends and my US family while I'm there.

At&t has nation+Canada plans, pay-as-you-go plans, discounted international plans, etc. So do the other carriers, I'm sure. Would the easiest way to go be to get an unlocked quad-band GSM phone (with no contract) and purchase two prepaid sim cards: one from the US and one from Canada? Would that be cheapest? Or would it be worth it to just fork over the $60/month for at&t's nation+Canada?

Last question: I want to get an iPod touch. Can I get Skype and call my family in the US that way (via wi-fi, of course)?

Please, any help at all is greatly appreciated!
    Would the easiest way to go be to get an unlocked quad-band GSM phone (with no contract) and purchase two prepaid sim cards: one from the US and one from Canada?

Yes ofcourse ! It is an easiest way to get an unlocked phone from online sites to use with other carriers . Note : Unlocked phones are very expensive to buy . why not you can buy a carrier locked phone and unlock it from any of the online vendors like SimpleUnlocking.com . If you want to buy Blackberry, get unlock code from UnBBLock.com . Why i could suggest you to buy carrier locked phone means, its easy to save money . no need to lose your expenses . Once, your phone gets unlocked from carrier lock, you can use it with any other GSM carriers internationally . So, you can buy 2 GSM sim cards one from US and one from canada to use .

Would that be cheapest? Or would it be worth it to just fork over the $60/month for at&t's nation+Canada?

I already explained about unlocked phones are not cheap in price . Thats your wish . If you want to fork over to either canada or AT&T . I don't think its cost is just $60 . Contact your carrier to know the cost .

Yeah ! sure dude ! you can get an iPod touch and download skype and other apps to call or make video chat with your family in the US . you can get wifi from your network provider to access the internet .