Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default htc desire hd troubles

fell in love with the phone but the reception is the poorest ive encountered and the battery life reminds me of my original brick phone, if you use it you wont get thru the day. i guess if you live somewhere with a good network 'im on telus in the fraser valley of bc" you might be okay . of the 8 cell phones i work around this phone is the worst ? up to this point i assumed phone reception was consistent among phones. ive sent the phone back for service to see if theres a problem ill update when it comes back. if the problem persists ill have to pick something else that gets better reception. a customer runs a blackberry at one of the locations on telus and gets 4 bars where i get no service i might go that way

Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default htc desire hd trouble

sent my phone in for repair a month ago still nothing, good thing i paid extra for the warranty,nice, i wonder if id have bought it knowing that id get terrible reception and if i had trouble id have to send the phone back to china for repair, nice,well call you if it comes in one day

Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default htc hd desire phone

still havent got my phone back, i think they meant 2-3 months instead of 2-3 weeks , my fault obviously, i really like my imaginary new phone

Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default desire hd trouble

got the phone back after a month ,they did a simple reeboot which i could have done at home. im going to get a blackberry instead theres 2 where i am and they get 2 bars while im getting nothing. the phone is nice except for poor battery life and weaker than average reception.

Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default hd desire hd

telus told me before i sent my phone in for repair that if its no better theyd give me a different phone, now there singing a different song,nice, i just want a phone that works in south surrey/white rock which is where 90 % of my work. ill just keep yousing mu cheap flip phone that works fine

Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default htc desire hd

gave up on the phone , no choice after all its for work and i use it primarily to make calls so now im back using my 50 dollar phone and im out 200 dollars and im signed up again for 3 years. lessons learned here ,#1 if you suspect a problem take it back immediately , dont let them shine you #2 do the research all phones are not created equal,#3 dont trust what Telus tells you, like any big company they do as little as possible for you. #4 for the most part the fancier the phone the less usefull the actual phone part is #5 Telus,s 3 g network is very new so there coverage is very poor "this was told to me at a Telus store" #6 go with rogers at least you get sim cards #7 stick with the cheap phones who needs this aggravation ?

Provider
    telus
    Phone
    htc desire hd

Default htc desire hd

wife was getting a new phone and was shown a new smart phone using android, she mentioned that her husband thats me had a android and had bad reception. out of thin air he told her that i must have had a hd desire. hes obviously pshycic and i was just imagining my total lack of reception

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by roger watson View Post
    fell in love with the phone but the reception is the poorest ive encountered and the battery life reminds me of my original brick phone, if you use it you wont get thru the day. i guess if you live somewhere with a good network 'im on telus in the fraser valley of bc" you might be okay . of the 8 cell phones i work around this phone is the worst ? up to this point i assumed phone reception was consistent among phones. ive sent the phone back for service to see if theres a problem ill update when it comes back. if the problem persists ill have to pick something else that gets better reception. a customer runs a blackberry at one of the locations on telus and gets 4 bars where i get no service i might go that way
    Thanks to share this useful information...I hope this creates some awareness on hTC desire mobile..